As the nights draw in and the clocks fall back this weekend, everything is getting much cosier. One of my many favourite things about winter is running a warm bubble bath, and then popping on my snuggling pyjamas. As much as I want to head straight to bed and get cosy under the covers, I never skip my nighttime skin care routine. Summer, winter, rain or shine. It is a daily activity that never changes. It is honestly one of my favourite parts of the day. A good twenty minutes or so of ‘Me Time’.
Taking care of your skin is so important and giving it some TLC before bed is something everyone should be doing. I get lots of questions about which products I use but I also get asked a lot what my full routine is. So I thought I would share with you today, my nighttime skin care routine and of course the products included. I have recently switched in a few different products as my skin changes quite a lot with the seasons.
I always start my routine by gathering all of my products by the skin and making sure I’m completely relaxed and not rushing. Remember this is time for you, don’t feel guilty for taking time out to look after yourself. I’m going to pop below my step by step routine in order of which products I use, so it is a little easier for you to follow if you’d like too.
Step By Step Nighttime Skin Care Routine
1. Dermalogica Precleanse – A beautiful oil that melts off my makeup, including eye makeup as well. Perfect for removing any dirt, oil and other nasties from your skin. Emulsify with water and cleanse off with a damp cloth.
2. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser – A creamy milk that deeply cleanses my skin now it’s free from makeup. I massage this into my skin for a few minutes. Really focusing on my face and neck (don’t forget your ears too!)
3. Nip & Fab Glycolic Scrub Fix – A powerful but gentle scrub with has active ingredients to exfoliate my skin, I work this all around my face, especially my t-zone to help clear congestion and blackheads. Again I remove with a damp clean cloth.
4. Pixi Retinol Tonic – Pouring onto two small cotton pads, I wipe the tonic all over my face and neck. This product is perfect for hydrating the skin and giving it a beautiful natural glow.
5. Formula 10.0.6 Be Berry /’Mud Mask – I use this product once to twice a week in the evening. I’m always trying different masks. This week I have been using this one and it is fantastic for when my skin is breaking out! I apply all over my face and leave on for 10 minutes. You could use that time to run yourself a lovely bath.
6. Balance Me Congested Skin Serum & Nip & Fab Teen Spot Zap – Two products that I use often when I have some breakouts. I use one or the other but they are both brilliant. I just apply straight onto my breakouts and both products help clear them so quickly!
7. Nip & Fab Dragon’s Blood Serum – A gorgeous serum that is packed with Hyaluronic Acid, so it is super hydrating and makes your skin look so glowy (I’m all about the glow). It is also amazing for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I massage this into my face and neck, ready for my last step.
8. Cinch Face Cheater Cream Moisture – A new product that I am trying at the minute, I have only been using it a week or so but it instantly illuminates your skin and makes it feel so hydrated. Moisturising is the final step of my nighttime skin care routine.
I know that list of steps may be daunting to people who are new to skin care or maybe feel a little lost when it comes to products. I have been experimenting with skin care for a long time. So this is the collection of products I like to use whereas some people may like to use only 3 or 4. The most important steps are cleansing, exfoliating and moisturising in my opinion. The others are a bonus to boost your skin health.
Some days I won’t need to do step 7 as I may not have many breakouts. Some weeks I’ll use a sheet mask instead of a clay mask. Customise, it is whatever works best for you and your skin. As long as you are listening to it and giving it the TLC it needs, your skin should be looking fantastic in no time at all. Take time to find a nighttime skin care routine that works for you.
If you have enjoyed this post then you may like to read my ‘How To Remove Makeup Properly‘ blog post. Full of information and tips on why it so important to remove makeup thoroughly. If you have any questions about the products I have used or if you’d like to know my morning skin care routine. Just leave me a comment below and I’ll get back to you lovelies.
Lots of Love…